Thursday 5 January 2012

Numeru uno.

So, blogging eh? Given how difficult it was to find a blog name with 'craft' in the title I suspect I may be jumping on the bandwagon with yet another blog about crafting being thrown into the ether. However, I don't claim to have any skill in the area and thought I would keep a record of my various attempts.

It all started with fascinators. After seeing one particular style I liked online I thought rather than buying it I could have a go at making it myself. The end result was pretty successful and I made a few more from there. This whetted my crafting appetite and I've tried a few more projects since. So rather than boring friends with my crafting exploits on Facebook I'm going to showcase them here.

The fascinators are still craft number one and I've had some success selling a few on Folksy. I don't really make any profit from it but it keeps me in materials. From there I've made some felty friends, mostly owls you can hang on door knobs or pot plants, an advent calendar, tweed brooches and most recently a sock monkey. I may blog about these individually with photos once I get the hang of this.

Cooking and baking is also another interest so I'll share any successful recipes I manage to try. The baking started in my current job where we take it in turns to bake cake for our coffee morning on a Friday. This was pretty daunting to start but has now become quite competitive. Again I've had various degrees of success.

So that's it for post numero uno. I shall get on with taking some pictures of my projects for future posts.

TTFN, x

No comments:

Post a Comment